As followers of Jesus, we believe that God is Sovereign, that our citizenship is in Heaven and that we participate in the unfolding eternal Kingdom of God. Therefore, our trust and our hope is not in any one political party. Rather our hope and trust is found in Jesus Christ: Our Saviour, Our Messiah, Our Prince of Peace, our Coming King. However, until the time of the fullness of God’s Kingdom, we have responsibilities within the country we reside, Canada.
|Photo by Parker Johnson on Unsplash|
- I care about Canada so I will learn about the best (not perfect) public policies for these times, prior to voting, knowing that campaign promises aren’t easily enacted in parliamentary process.
- I care about character, so I will discern if a candidate cares about minority views as well as popular views, can listen to, and honour opposing views as well as their own perspective; and do they have a track record that demonstrates integrity.
- I care about life, so I will discern if a candidate communicates a commitment to all people at all stages of life.
- I will pray to God for our country, and our region according to Jeremiah 29:7 and 1 Timothy 2:1-2.
- Canada gives me the right to vote, so I am going to vote as a means of voicing my preferences for our future.
- Knowing, each vote counts on election day, therefore I will make my vote count.
- I will pray for and honour our government, as those who are (often unknowingly) part of God’s greater purpose, (Romans 13:1-5), no matter which party is victorious in this election.
- My vote, communicates my care for our country and my continued trust in the Sovereignty of God to work out his eternal purposes according to his will and in his time.
Join me in voting, at an advance poll (already open), by mail in ballot (there is a multi-step process that must be completed by September 14) or at your local poll on Election Day, September 20, 2021.
“God keep our land glorious and free”.
Post a Comment